2010 KAWASAKI TERYX™ 750 FI 4×4 SPORT
The Definitive High Performance RUV
For drivers seeking maximum performance from their recreation utility vehicle (RUV), the Teryx™ 750 FI 4×4 Sport, with its lightweight aluminum wheels controlled by fully adjustable sport suspension at all four corners, offers performance, comfort and stability that no other RUV can touch. The evolution of this incredibly adaptable vehicle continues for 2010: An aggressive new front end with a forward-tilting hood allows front suspension and cooling system access and eases maintenance. Upgrades to the mighty V-twin’s cooling system enhance long-term reliability, and an even sturdier tilting bed out back provides even greater durability. In addition, a host of detail improvements for more efficient production and vehicle longevity are designed to do what Kawasaki has always done: keep the performance high while keeping the bottom line low.
Power, is of course, at the heart of the matter when it comes to a performance machine like the Teryx Sport, and when it comes to sheer thrust no other RUV can touch this one’s 749cc 90-degree 8-valve V-twin: Not only is this engine plenty powerful, its 90-degree configuration gives it perfect primary balance, for unmatched smoothness at any rpm—and a great exhaust note that sets the Teryx apart from lesser RUVs.
For 2010, upgrades to the engine’s cooling system add even more reliability: The radiator’s cooling fan (which switches on automatically when needed) is now larger and moves a greater volume of air, while a larger-diameter hose allows greater coolant flow, to help keep the engine cool when the going gets slow and rough. Also, the coolant catch tank has been moved to the front of the machine, where it’s easily accessible under the very cool new tilt front end.
While you’re under there, it’s easier to appreciate the Teryx’s high-end suspension units: Its aluminum-bodied gas-charged piggyback-reservoir shocks are fully adjustable for spring preload, compression damping and rebound damping—for maximum tunability and control of its lightweight aluminum wheels. Not only are the 2-pounds lighter alloy wheels easier for the suspension to control, they add up to 8 pounds less weight for the engine to accelerate and decelerate, a difference you can feel.
The Teryx’s advanced digital fuel-injection system already included functions for automatic elevation compensation, automatic idle adjustment and easy, choke-free starting via a sophisticated array of sensors for inlet air pressure, throttle position, crankshaft position, rpm, water temperature and a vehicle down sensor. For 2010, another function has been added: An ignition cut-out will not allow the Teryx to be ridden away when the parking brake is engaged. That new braking system protection complements the Teryx’s CVT Belt Protection System, which, among other good things, automatically retards ignition timing if the system detects engine operation at high rpm for more than two seconds while the rear wheels are motionless (i.e., the belt is slipping), and warns the rider via a flashing belt warning lamp on the dash.
All that electronically enhanced performance is perfectly packaged within an advanced chassis that’s narrow enough to navigate most trails (and fit in a standard pickup bed), yet wide enough to offer a roomy cab and an excellent ride. The wide-track design frame uses large-diameter, thin-walled tubing to combine tremendous rigidity with light weight. And the upper frame adds great looks and protection, while providing enough room inside to fit two full-sized adults in a comfortable but supportive pair of bucket seats with retractable three-point seat belts.
Once comfortably strapped in, the rider can choose 2WD or 4WD with the flip of a switch, and Kawasaki’s super-efficient continuously variable transmission takes it from there, to practically anywhere you feel like going. A cockpit-adjustable variable front differential control even lets you fine-tune front-end traction.
Long-travel four-wheel independent suspension, those fully adjustable gas-charged shocks at all four corners, a rear stabilizer bar and mid-ship engine placement all work together to tame tough trails, with a high-performance long A-arm double-wishbone suspension design that reduces camber changes for sharp steering at all times. When it’s time to slow down, dual discs up front and a high-tech sealed oil-bath braking unit out back get the job done with power to spare, while Kawasaki Engine Braking Control uses clever electronics to assist with engine braking on steep downhills.
Custom 26-inch Maxxis tires designed for the Teryx’s characteristics are the final ingredient in its amazingly potent handling package.
A large selection of authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available through Kawasaki dealers for the 2010 Teryx 750 FI 4×4 Sport RUV. As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages RUV drivers to drive responsibly and to respect the environment.
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. (KMC) markets and distributes Kawasaki motorcycles, ATVs, personal watercraft, utility vehicles and recreation utility vehicles through a network of more than 1,475 independent retailers, with an additional 8,000 retailers specializing in Kawasaki power products and general purpose engines. KMC and its affiliates employ nearly 3,300 people in the United States, with 400 of them located at KMC’s Irvine, California headquarters.
Kawasaki’s tagline, “Let the good times roll.™”, is recognized worldwide. The Kawasaki brand has become synonymous with powerful, stylish motorcycles for over four decades. Information about Kawasaki’s complete line of recreational products and Kawasaki affiliates can be found on the Internet at www.kawasaki.com.
# # #
2010 Kawasaki Teryx™ 750 FI 4×4 Sport
Features and Benefits
Exclusive Teryx 750 FI 4×4 Sport features:
– High-performance cast aluminum wheels remove approximately two pounds of unsprung, spinning weight from each corner for a performance boost you can feel.
– High-performance aluminum-bodied gas-charged piggyback-reservoir shocks at all four corners are fully adjustable for spring preload, compression damping and rebound damping, for a completely tunable ride.
New for 2010:
– A new hinged, forward-tilting front hood and headlight assembly offers aggressive new styling, and allows quick access to the radiator and front suspension components, for easier maintenance and suspension tuning.
– A larger radiator fan helps keep engine temps under control in slow going, and a larger-diameter hose increases coolant flow and overall capacity. The coolant reserve tank was moved under the front cover for easier maintenance.
– A new ignition cut-out feature protects the brake system by preventing riding with the parking brake on.
– The tilt bed’s frame is engineered with increased rigidity for even greater durability.
– Other minor modifications aimed at more efficient production and durability keep the Teryx at the front of the RUV pack.
– Teryx’s liquid-cooled, 749cc SOHC, 4-valve-per-cylinder fuel-injected, 90-degree V-twin engine cranks out class-leading power.
– Ample torque output from the oversquare, 85 x 66mm engine with 4-valve heads contributes to the Teryx’s superb acceleration.
– The 90-degree V-Twin configuration offers perfect primary balance, resulting in low engine vibration.
– Aluminum cylinders are Electrofusion-plated for light weight, long wear and excellent heat dispersion.
– Engine can be started in any gear.
– Electronically controlled Kawasaki Engine Brake Control helps to slow the RUV when traversing steep down hills.
– The engine is positioned mid-ship, providing optimum front/rear balance.
– Ducts located by the cargo bed direct cooling air to the engine, while a heavy-duty liquid-cooling system keeps temperatures under control in the harshest conditions.
– Large-capacity radiator is compact and placed high in the chassis for protection against mud and debris; a larger cooling fan increases cooling capacity in slow going.
– Engine weight is kept down using many advanced techniques, including carving lightening webs into the crank webs, using rare earth magnets, a small generator and paring excess material wherever possible.
Digital Fuel Injection system
– Digital fuel injection enhances throttle response and automatically adjusts for changes in temperature and elevation, for optimum performance in a wide range of environments.
– The fuel injection system (controlled by a 32-bit CPU) continually monitors coolant temperature, air intake temperature, throttle position, air intake pressure, vehicle speed and crankshaft angle to automatically meter out the ideal amount of fuel via two 34mm throttle bodies for extremely stable power delivery – regardless of the conditions.
– FI systems permits easy engine starting at low temperature and utilizes an Automatic Idle Speed Control and Automatic Fast Idle function to help ensure smooth engine warm up.
– The high-pressure fuel pump located inside the tank features a unique reservoir chamber at the bottom of the fuel pump helps to ensure air does not get into the fuel system.
– Specific Teryx-sized throttle bodies and revised ignition timing have increased low and mid-range torque as well as improved response at higher rpm.
– Ignition mapping when in reverse, combined with low-speed operation and deceleration FI settings, enable the engine to deal with increased moisture when driving in shallow water.
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System CVT
– Featuring high and low ranges, plus reverse, this advanced continuously variable transmission provides a very direct feel from the engine and instantaneous acceleration – ideal characteristics for sport riding.
– Transmission utilizes a high-grade, super-durable belt that’s designed to handle the high output of the engine. The drive converter shaft is hard-chrome finished for durability.
– The CVT Belt Protection System prevents tire freewheel, improves rock section performance and reduces belt overloading by adding Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) data into the system.
– Unnecessary belt wear is minimized with a system that reduces engine speed if the engine operates at high rpm for more than two seconds while the rear wheels are motionless.
– A big CVT intake duct, located to keep water and debris out, provides plenty of cooling air to the CVT.
– Heat shielding on the exhaust pipe below the intake duct keeps intake temperature down.
– High-performance, aluminum bodied, fully adjustable, piggyback reservoir, gas-charged Kayaba shocks provide excellent fade-resistant damping performance in the toughest conditions, while providing 7.5 inches of plush, controlled wheel travel.
– Independent rear suspension provides the best balance of rider comfort and handling at high speeds, along with 7.5 inches of sport-tuned wheel travel.
– Rear torsion bar helps keep body roll to a minimum.
Lightweight Aluminum Wheels and Large 26-inch Tires
– Lightweight cast aluminum wheels, offer great looks, but more-importantly, cut unsprung weight by two pounds per wheel.
– Custom 26-inch MAXXIS tires specially developed for the Teryx help provide great traction and handling.
Selectable Four-wheel-drive / Variable Front Differential Control
– Selecting two- or four-wheel-drive is as easy as pressing a switch located on the dash; electrically “selectable” 2WD/4WD system engages instantly.
– Limited-slip front differential reduces steering effort under normal four-wheel drive operation, while Variable Front Differential Control permits the rider to distribute torque equally to left and right front wheels for maximum traction via a hand lever located between the seats.
– Rear gear case keeps rear wheels locked and turning together for maximum forward thrust.
– Large-diameter thin-walled tubular steel frame combines high rigidity, light weight and mid-engine placement – a perfect combination for performance riding.
– Tubular cab frame meets SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, requirements as a roll-over protective structure. (ROPS)
– Sport performance-focused suspension is designed for high-performance riding.
– Wide track helps provide a great ride, but not too wide to fit in a standard pickup truck bed.
– Chassis has 11.6 inches of ground clearance strikes a perfect compromise between great, low-cg handling and being able to clear tough off-road obstacles.
– Narrow frame concept maximizes the length of the front and rear suspension’s lower A-arms, for excellent road-handling performance and minimal geometry changes throughout the suspension’s travel.
– Chassis serves up a near-perfect balance of bump absorption and taut steering.
– Dual front 200mm disc brakes gripped by rigid-mounted 27mm twin-piston calipers provide powerful, fade-free braking and solid feel. The discs are tucked inside the wheels, where they’re protected from debris.
– Kawasaki’s sealed, oil-bathed multi-disc rear brake system provides maximum stopping power in almost any conditions along with reduced maintenance, thanks to its being completely sealed from outside contaminants.
– The sealed rear brake’s compact design contributes to excellent ground clearance.
Tilting Cargo Bed
– With 500-pound capacity, tie-down hooks in all four corners, a standard cargo net and generous dimensions, the Teryx and its tilting cargo bed is as functional as it is fun to ride.
– Gas-assist struts help facilitate bed cleaning and maintenance.
– Reinforced bed frame offers increased rigidity for even greater durability.
– Making maximum use of its cockpit space, the Teryx provides plenty of shoulder and legroom to comfortably accommodate two adults.
– Form-fitting bucket seats and retractable three-point seatbelts help provide a comfortable ride.
– The padded steering wheel is positioned low for sport riding, and provides additional driver protection.
Multi-Function Digital Display
– Standard on all models, the Multi-Function Display includes a digital speedometer (mph or kph), clock, dual trip meters plus 2WD/4WD indicator, water temperature and fuel-injection warning indicators; digital fuel gauge, hour meter, parking brake indicator, CVT belt temperature warning, neutral, reverse and low oil pressure warning lights.
– Thermo-Plastic Olefin bodywork has a great-looking high-gloss finish that’s more scratch-resistant than polyethylene—so it stays great-looking longer.
– Engine and undercarriage guards provide maximum protection from rocks and debris.
– Teryx’s battery and electric parts are located higher and further away from water and harm’s way.
– Dual 40W headlights and 8/27W dual taillights mean you’ll see and be seen.
Range / Transportability
– Large, 7.4 gal. (28L) fuel tank and excellent fuel efficiency provides the range that lets campers and hunters get deep into the bush and back again.
– Even with its wide-track and big tires, the Teryx is compact enough to fit in the bed of most full-size pickup trucks.
2010 Kawasaki Teryx™ 750 FI 4×4 Sport Specifications*
|Engine:||Liquid-cooled, 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin|
|Valve system:||SOHC, four valves per cylinder|
|Bore x stroke:||85 x 66mm|
|Fuel system:||2 x Mikuni 34mm throttle bodies|
|Transmission:||Continuously variable belt-drive transmission with high and low range, plus reverse, and Kawasaki Engine Brake Control|
|Final drive:||Selectable four-wheel drive with Variable Front Differential Control, shaft|
|Frame:||Large diameter, thin-walled, high-tensile tubular steel|
|Front suspension / wheel travel:||Adjustable dual A-arm with aluminum-body gas-charged shocks with piggy-back reservoirs, fully adjustable preload, and adjustable rebound/compression damping / 7.5 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel:||Adjustable Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) with reservoir-equipped gas-charged shocks with adjustable preload and adjustable rebound/compression damping / 7.5 in.|
|Front tires:||Maxxis 26×8-12|
|Rear tires:||Maxxis 26×10-12|
|Front brakes:||Dual hydraulic discs with 2-piston calipers|
|Rear brake:||Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc|
|Overall length:||116.3 in.|
|Overall width:||58.5 in.|
|Overall height:||75.8 in.|
|Ground clearance:||11.6 in.|
|Lighting:||(2) 40W headlights, (2) 8W taillight, 27W stoplight|
|Cargo bed capacity:||500 lbs, 44.2 W x 32.7 L x 11.1 in. H|
|Towing capacity:||1300 lbs|
|Curb weight:||1388.5 lbs|
|Fuel capacity:||7.4 gal.|
|Instruments:||Multi-Function Digital Meter with speedometer, fuel gauge, clock hour meter, odometer, dual trip meter and parking brake, R/N/P/4WD, water temp and oil pressure indicators|
|Color:||Lime Green, Super Black|
|Wholesale distributor:||Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
9950 Jeronimo Road
Irvine, CA 92618
*Specifications are subject to change. Media are encouraged to visit www.kawasakimedia.com for most current specifications.