For 2009, the mold-breaking Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4×4 LE Camo takes the next evolutionary step with the addition of digital fuel injection. Like all Kawasaki Teryx LE models, the 750 FI 4×4 LE Camo includes standard retracting cup holder, a half-windscreen and a cab roof. Wrap it all in Kawasaki’s Realtree Hardwoods Green HD camouflage and the RUV world will never see what hit it.
A wide chassis, big V-twin power, efficient CVT, superior ground clearance, impressive cargo capacity and sport handling made the original Teryx one of the most talked-about RUVs on the planet. The addition of a new digital fuel-injection (DFI) system to its mid-mounted 749cc 90-degree V-twin engine, helps add even more fun and utility to the Kawasaki Teryx, giving it a clear edge over its rivals.
The enhanced response provided by the Kawasaki Teryx’s new digital fuel injection system means its strong and proven V-twin engine is quicker-revving than ever. Kawasaki engineers kept much of the engine’s likeable character when they added DFI, but still found ways to improve it, such as changing the ignition timing to boost low and mid range torque and improve response at higher rpm. Other inherent benefits gained from adding DFI include automatic altitude compensation, automatic idle adjustment and easy, choke-free starting.
The fuel injection system’s sophisticated array of sensors includes an inlet air pressure, throttle position, crankshaft position, rpm, water temperature and a vehicle down sensor. As part of the DFI upgrade, the Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4×4 LE Camo also received a new fuel tank with an internal fuel pump.
Mated to the engine is Kawasaki’s superb continuously variable transmission (CVT), which transfers the smooth power and quick response from the big V-twin to the wheels smoothly and quickly. The healthy output of this powertrain provides true sport performance, in a controlled manner that allows the driver to harness the full potential of this impressive vehicle. The CVT also received refinements for 2009. Both the intake and exhaust cooling ducts were revised to better prevent water or mud from entering the drive belt area. The new intake duct flows air to the CVT more effectively for better cooling while the intake air temperature is reduced via heat shielding on the exhaust pipe located below the intake duct.
Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) data was added to the CVT Belt Protection System’s sensor inputs. Other inputs include a gear sensor (not in neutral), vehicle speed (measured from the rear wheel), and engine speed. The extra input permits the system to better prevent tire freewheel and offer upgraded rock section performance with less belt overloading. Should the system detect engine operation at high rpm for more than two seconds while the rear wheels remain motionless (i.e. rear wheels are immobilized and the belt is slipping), it automatically retards ignition timing and warns the rider via a flashing belt warning lamp.
Power is nothing without control and big power demands a chassis to compliment it and once again the Kawasaki Teryx delivers with an ideal body width that is narrow enough to be useful and able to navigate the trail, yet wide enough to offer a roomy cab and additional stability. The wide track Kawasaki Teryx design exploits a large-diameter, thin-walled tubular frame offering the necessary rigidity without performance draining weight. It also meets SAE regulations as a roll-over protective structure (ROPS) with an arrangement spacious enough to comfortably fit two full-sized adults.
The Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4×4 LE Camo shares the long A-arm and narrow frame concept of its sport brethren to give it the maximum travel while minimizing wheel camber change. For 2009, the adjustable Kayaba gas-charged shocks have revised settings combined with a new stabilizer bar to improve ride quality. Combined with the mid-ship engine, the balanced package offers superb control and cornering performance, even at top speed.
When the terrain requires it, the driver can activate 4WD with a simple servo-control switch. Further traction management is achieved via an ATV-style front differential control activated with a hand lever that functions like a rear hand brake and lets the driver select how much the wheels are locked together. The rear wheels stay locked and always turn together, much like a sport ATV allowing the RUV to slide around corners easier in a drift style.
It continues its dominance in the field with 26-inch Maxxis tires developed specifically for the Kawasaki Teryx that enable superb forward and sliding traction. The tall tires offer good rough terrain handling and contribute to its class leading ground clearance and ability to overcome obstacles.
A powerful RUV wouldn’t be much fun without equally capable stopping power and Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4×4 LE Camo delivers. It employs a combination of dual 200mm discs up front and a sealed wet brake in the rear. The front brakes are tucked into the wheels for protection from debris and their 27mm twin-piston calipers are rigid-mounted for optimum feel and control. The advantage of the sealed rear brake is most apparent when it’s able to keep working even in the wettest or muddiest of environments. Its compact profile further adds to the remarkable amount of ground clearance.
Of course, this substantial performance is matched by Kawasaki’s legendary durability and reliability that starts on the surface – tough Thermo-Plastic Olefin (TPO) bodywork covered with Realtree Hardwoods Green HD camouflage, that is. Skid plates help shield the Teryx engine and undercarriage from ride stopping obstacles. For the trip to and from the ride spot, the LE sports a stronger roof that is more resistant to wind gusts when transporting at highway speeds.
Inside, bucket seats and retractable three-point seat belts help the driver and passenger stay relaxed; the Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4×4 LE Camo has plenty of shoulder and leg room to provide a comfortable ride. Rider comfort and conveniences are enhanced with a half-windshield and dual retractable cup holders. It also a steering wheel that is positioned low for better driver control. Standard equipment on all Teryx models, the multi-function digital meter adds a fuel gauge and parking brake indicator to the hour meter, clock, odometer, dual trip meters and warning lights.
Don�t mistake it for just a camouflaged play toy, the Teryx 750 FI 4×4 LE Camo has working skills too. Its standard 500-pound capacity, gas-assisted tilting cargo bed is ideal for recreational users, yet versatile enough for work and hauling. A cargo net and tie down hooks in all four corners keep the goods secure. Its 1300-pound towing capacity expands those cargo abilities further. Just what any rugged outdoorsman needs, whether he�s heading out or coming back from a successful hunt.
The action isn’t limited to daylight hours only thanks to dual 40W headlights showing the way and dual rear taillights letting it be seen. A 7.4-gallon fuel tank allows the Teryx to operate longer so the journey isn’t cut short either. With such a cargo-carrying and transportability potential, it is an able partner for leisure/recreation activities, such as camping, hunting or day trips.
A large selection of authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available for the 2009 Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4×4 LE (Camo) through Kawasaki dealers. As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages RUV drivers to drive responsibly and to respect the environment.
The Only High-Performance V-Twin Powered RUV
- Liquid-cooled, 749cc SOHC, 4-valve, fuel-injected, 90-degree V-twin engine is the most powerful engine in its class
- Ample torque output from the oversquare 85 x 66 mm bore and stroke engine contributes to the Teryx’s superb acceleration and allows powerslides on command
- The 90° V-Twin configuration offers perfect primary balance, resulting in low engine vibration
- Aluminum cylinders are Electrofusion-plated for light weight, long wear and excellent heat dispersion
- Engine can be started in any gear when the brakes are applied
- Electronically controlled Kawasaki Engine Brake Control helps to slow the RUV when traversing steep down hills
- Positioned mid-ship for optimum front/rear balance – good for power slides and cornering control
- Ducts located by the cargo bed direct cooling air to the engine
- To maintain the ideal engine oil pressure the oil level was raised and the crankcase breather room and the area around the oil pump were revised
- New top piston ring with revised twist angle and reduced end gap, and the shape of breather room in the generator cover was changed to decrease the oil loss
- Radiator is compact and placed high in the chassis for better protection against mud and debris
New Digital Fuel Injection system
- High output 750cc twin engine now has digital fuel injection, which enhances throttle response and automatically adjusts for changes in temperature and altitude
- The fuel injection system (controlled by a 32-bit CPU) continually monitors coolant temperature, air intake temperature, throttle position, air intake pressure, vehicle speed and crankshaft angle to automatically meter out the ideal amount of fuel via two 34mm throttle bodies for extremely stable power delivery – regardless of the conditions
- Instantaneous fuel delivery from the fuel injection makes its response sharper than ever
- FI system permits easy engine starting at low temperature and utilizes an Automatic Idle Speed Control and Automatic Fast Idle function to ensure a smooth engine warm up
- The high-pressure fuel pump located inside the tank features a unique reservoir chamber at the bottom of the fuel pump to ensure air does not get into the fuel system
- Specific Teryx-sized throttle bodies and revised ignition timing have increased low and mid-range torque as well as improved response at higher rpm
- Revised ignition timing when in reverse combined with low-speed operation and deceleration FI settings better enable the engine to deal with increased moisture when driving in shallow water
Improved Continuously Variable Transmission
- Featuring high and low ranges, plus reverse, the CVT provides a very direct feel from the engine, and instantaneous acceleration – ideal characteristics for sport riding
- Transmission utilizes a high-grade belt that’s highly durable and designed to handle the high output of the engine
- The CVT Belt Protection System better prevents tire freewheel, has upgraded rock section performance and less belt overloading by adding Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) data into the system
- For better protection against water entry, the intake and exhaust ducts were changed, with the new exhaust duct opening located higher and the revised intake duct flowing more air to the CVT for better cooling
- Intake temperature reduced with heat shielding on the exhaust pipe below the intake duct
New Airbox design
- Increasing air cleaner box volume and changing the ducting shape and length lowered the noise level near riders’ heads
Selectable Four-wheel-drive / Variable Front Differential Control
- Rider can select two- or four-wheel-drive operation by pressing a switch located on the dash
- Electrically “selectable” 2WD/4WD system engages instantly
- Limited-slip front differential reduces steering effort under normal four-wheel drive operation, while Variable Front Differential Control permits rider to distribute torque equally to left and right front wheels for maximum traction via a hand lever located between the seats
- Rear wheels are locked and always turning together for cornering control
- Large-diameter thin-walled tubular steel frame offers high rigidity – a perfect base for performance riding
- Meets SAE requirements as a roll-over protective structure (ROPS)
- First with sport performance-focused suspension – low-speed comfort not a main design priority
- Wide track helps provide additional stability
- Chassis has 11.7 inches of ground clearance for clearing tough off-road obstacles
- Utilizes the sport ATV long dual front A-arm suspension and narrow frame concept to maximize the length of the front and rear suspension’s lower A-arms, contributing to excellent road-handling performance
- Chassis offers the right balance of bump absorption while limiting understeer
- Able to tackle corners in either a drift or grip style and operate beyond the limits of its rivals
- High-performance, single-chamber, adjustable gas-charged Kayaba shocks offer excellent fade-resistant damping performance, even in hard conditions, while providing 7.5 inches of travel
- Independent rear suspension provides the best balance of rider comfort and handling at high speeds, and 7.5 inches of travel
- The adjustable gas-charged Kayaba rear shocks feature piggy-back reservoirs, further reducing the tendency of oil to froth under hard conditions
- Both front and rear shocks are preload-adjustable
- Increased rear suspension damping and compression force and decreased the stabilizer stiffness contribute to improved ride quality
- Dual front 200mm disc brakes gripped by 27mm twin-piston calipers and Kawasaki’s sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc rear brake system provide maximum stopping power in all conditions
- The compact size of the rear brake design contributes to a favorable ground clearance
- The front discs are recessed in wheels for protection from debris, while the rigid-mount calipers deliver enhanced brake feel and increased control
Large 26-inch Tires
- The 26-inch MAXXIS tires specially developed for the Teryx maximize forward traction while offering excellent control characteristics for both aggressive cornering and sliding
- Mounted on 12-inch rims, the largest tires available in the RUV category provide good rough terrain performance and obstacle clearance
- Cargo bed offers substantial carrying capacity with a 500 lb capacity, tie down hooks in all four corners, standard cargo net and sizeable dimensions
- Gas-assisted tilting cargo bed facilitates dumping cargo and is now a standard feature on all Teryx models
- Plenty of shoulder and legroom to comfortably accommodate two adults
- Form-fitting bucket seats and retractable three-point seatbelts hold rider and passenger firmly in place
- Steering wheel positioned low for optimum control when sport riding
Upgraded Multi-Function Display
- Now standard on all models, it includes a digital speedometer, clock, dual trip meters plus 2WD/4WD indicator, water temperature and fuel injection warning indicators
- New for ’09 features include digital fuel gauge and parking brake indicator
- Additional indicator lamps include CVT belt warning, neutral, reverse and low oil pressure warning
- Revised rear mud guard shape
- Body work is made of high-gloss scratch-resistant Thermo-Plastic Olefin
- Steel floor boards and engine guards for maximum protection
- Battery and electric parts located higher, further out of the way of water and mud
- Revised rear mud guard offers increased mud protection
- Dual 40W headlights and 8/27W dual taillights
Additional LE Features
- Retractable cup holder
- Revised sun top cover is stronger
- Realtree™ Hardwoods Green® HD camouflage
Range / Transportability
- Large 7.4 gal. (28L) fuel tank offers the range to allow campers and hunters to easily get deep into the bush and back
- The Teryx is compact enough to fit in the bed of most full-size pickup trucks
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin
- Valve system: SOHC, four valves per cylinder
- Displacement: 749cc
- Starting system: Electric
- Bore x stroke: 85 x 66mm
- Compression ratio: 8.8:1
- Fuel system: 2 x Mikuni 34 mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
- Transmission: Continuously variable belt-drive transmission with high and low range, plus reverse, and Kawasaki Engine Brake Control
- Final drive: Selectable four-wheel drive with Variable Front Differential Control, shaft
- Frame: Large diameter, thin-walled, high-tensile tubular steel
- Front suspension / wheel travel: Adjustable dual A-arm with gas charged shocks / 7.5 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Adjustable Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) with gas charged, reservoir shocks / 7.5 in.
- Front tires: Maxxis 26×8-12
- Rear tires: Maxxis 26×10-12
- Front brakes: Dual hydraulic discs with 2-piston calipers
- Rear brake: Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
- Overall length: 116.4 in.
- Overall width: 58.5 in.
- Overall height: 79.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 75.9 in.
- Ground clearance: 11.7 in.
- Lighting: (2) 40W headlights, (2) 8W taillight, 27W stoplight
- Cargo bed capacity: 500 lbs, 44.2 W x 32.7 L x 11.1 in. H
- Towing capacity: 1300 lbs
- Curb weight: 1416 lbs
- Fuel capacity: 7.4 gal.
- Instruments: Multi-Function Digital Meter with speedometer, fuel gauge, clock hour meter, odometer, dual trip meter and parking brake, R/N/P/4WD, water temp and oil pressure indicators
- Color: Realtree Hardwoods Green HD
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
9950 Jeronimo Road
Irvine, CA 92618
Kawasaki Teryx Forums: TeryxForums.net