The recreational sport vehicle world will never be the same again. A new breed has evolved with a mix of working UTV traits and sportier ATV genes — the Kawasaki Teryx™ 750 4×4. This new full-sized RSV is the first to have V-twin power and combines its Kawasaki heritage of efficient CVT and integrated occupant protection with superior ground clearance, cargo capacity, and sport handling to become the top performing RSV on the market. The Kawasaki Teryx 750 4×4 is all about recreation, yet it retains enough of its working heritage to offer amazing versatility and handy features for tackling everyday tasks.
At the core of the Kawasaki Teryx 750 4×4 is its strong and proven 749cc 90-degree V-twin engine, the same engine that gives the Brute Force® 750 4×4 its distinguished high performance. The mid-chassis mounted engine gives the Teryx 750 4×4 a displacement and V-twin torque advantage over its contemporaries and delivers the performance that RSV customers have been seeking. Mated to the engine is Kawasaki’s superb constant velocity automatic transmission (CVT), which transfers the power from the big V-twin to the wheels smoothly and quickly. The output of the duo provides a true sport performance, yet in a controlled manner that allows the driver to harness the full potential of the Teryx 750 4×4.
Naturally, big power demands a chassis to compliment it and once again the Teryx delivers with an ideal width body – narrow enough to be useful and able to navigate the trail but wide enough to be stable and handle the healthy output from the V-twin. Its large-diameter, thin-walled tubular frame offers the necessary rigidity without performance draining weight, and all in an arrangement spacious enough to fit two adults comfortably.
The Teryx 750 4×4 shares the long A-arm and narrow frame concept of its sport brethren to give it the maximum travel while minimizing wheel camber change. Featuring adjustable Kayaba suspension with gas-charged shocks, the sport-performance focused suspension of the Teryx 750 4×4 is designed to remain controlled even at top speed.
When the terrain requires it, the driver can activate 4WD with a simple servo-control switch. Further traction management is achieved via an ATV-style front differential control activated with a hand lever that functions like a rear hand brake and lets the driver select how much the wheels are locked together. The rear wheels stay locked and always turn together — much like a sport ATV — allowing the Teryx to slide around corners easier in a drift style.
It continues its dominance in the field with new 26-inch Maxxis tires developed specifically for the Teryx 750 4×4 that enable superb forward and sliding traction. The tall tires offer good rough terrain handling and contribute to its class leading ground clearance and ability to overcome obstacles.
A fast RSV would not be good without having equally capable stopping power and Teryx 750 4×4 delivers. It employs a combination of dual 200mm discs up front and a sealed wet brake in the rear. The front brakes are tucked into the wheels for protection from debris and their 27mm twin-piston calipers are rigid-mounted for optimum feel and control. The advantage of the sealed rear brake is most apparent when it’s able to keep working even in the wettest or muddiest of environments.
Featuring bucket seats and retractable three-point seat belts that keep the driver and passenger strapped in snugly, the Teryx 750 4×4 also has plenty of shoulder and leg room to provide a comfortable ride. It also has foot guards designed into the steel floor boards and body along with a padded steering wheel that is positioned low for better control.
However, the Kawasaki Teryx 750 4×4 isn’t all play and no work. It is equipped with a 500-pound capacity cargo bed that is ideal for recreational users, yet versatile enough for work and hauling with tie down hooks in all four corners and comes with a cargo net to keep the goods secure. The Teryx 750 4×4 can also pull the load with its 1300-pound towing capacity.
Rider comfort and conveniences increase even more on the Teryx 750 4×4 LE, with the addition of a digital meter with dual trip meters, clock and hour-meter, half-windshield, hard top and dual retractable cup holders. The LE also features a tilting cargo bed with gas assist, which gives the tilting bed a boost.
When the sun drops the fun or work doesn’t have to stop with the dual 40W headlights showing the way and dual rear taillights letting it be seen. An eight gallon fuel tank allows it to operate longer and cover more distance so the journey isn’t cut short either.
The Teryx 750 4×4 is built tough with scratch resistant Thermo-Plastic Olefin (TPO) bodywork and steel skid plates underneath to shield the engine from the ride stopping obstacles.
A large selection of authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available for the 2008 Teryx 750 4×4 are available through Kawasaki dealers. As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages RSV drivers to drive responsibly and to respect the environment.
- The 90-degree 749cc V-twin engine is the largest, most powerful engine in its class
- Positioned mid-ship for optimum front/rear balance – good for power slides and cornering control
- Straight intake tracts and 34mm downdraft carburetors enhance power delivery throughout the rpm range
- Radiator is compact and placed high in the chassis for better protection against mud and debris
- Ducts located by the cargo bed direct cooling air to the engine
- Aluminum cylinders are Electrofusion-plated for light weight, long wear and excellent heat dispersion
- Engine can be started in any gear when the rear brake is applied
- Electronically controlled Kawasaki Engine Brake Control helps to slow the RSV when traversing steep down hills
- CVT features high and low ranges, plus reverse
- Combined with the engine power characteristics, provides instantaneous acceleration
- Rider can select two or four-wheel-drive operation by pressing a button located on the dash
- Limited-slip front differential reduces steering effort under normal four-wheel drive operation, while Variable Front Differential Control permits rider to distribute torque equally to left and right front wheels for maximum traction via a hand lever
- Rear wheels are locked and always turning together for cornering control
- Large-diameter thin-walled tubular steel frame
- Only RSV with integrated occupant protection
- First with sport performance-focused suspension – low-speed comfort not a main design priority
- Wide track provides excellent stability and chassis has 11.2 inches of ground clearance
- Long dual front A-arm suspension and narrow frame concept provides 7.5 inches of travel and features adjustable gas-charged Kayaba shocks
- Independent rear suspension provides the best balance of rider comfort and handling at high speeds, and adjustable gas-charged Kayaba shocks with reservoirs provides 7.25 inches of travel
- Chassis offers the right balance of bump absorption while limiting understeer
- Able to tackle corners in either a drift or grip style and operate beyond the limits of its rivals
- Dual front 200mm disc brakes with two-piston 27mm calipers and Kawasaki’s sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc rear brake system provide maximum stopping power in all conditions
- Front discs are recessed in wheels for protection from debris
- Good rough terrain performance and obstacle clearance with 26-inch Maxxis tires specially built for the Teryx 750 4×4
- Tread design enables both controlled sliding and forward traction
- Bucket seats with retractable three-point seat belts
- Foot guards designed into the floor and body
- Padded steering wheel positioned low for better control
- Body work is made of high-gloss scratch resistant Thermo-Plastic Olefin
- Steel floor boards and engine guards for maximum protection
- Dual 40W headlights and dual taillights
- Cargo bed has 500 lb capacity, tie down hooks in all four corners and cargo net standard
TERYX 750 4×4 LE additional features
- Digital Meter
- Dual retractable cup holders
- Hard top
- Tilting cargo bed with gas assist
2008 Kawasaki Teryx 750 4×4 Specifications
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin
- Valve system: SOHC, four valves per cylinder
- Displacement: 749cc
- Starting system: Electric
- Bore x stroke: 85 x 66mm
- Compression ratio: 8.8:1
- Carburetion: (2) Keihin CVKR-34
- Ignition: Digital DC-CDI
- Transmission: Continuously variable belt-drive transmission with high and low range, plus reverse, and Kawasaki Engine Brake Control
- Final drive: Selectable four-wheel drive with Variable Front Differential Control, shaft
- Frame: Large diameter, thin-walled, high-tensile tubular steel
- Front suspension / wheel travel: Adjustable dual A-arm with gas charged shocks / 7.5 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Adjustable Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) with gas charged, reservoir shocks / 7.3 in.
- Front tires: Maxxis 26×8-12
- Rear tires: Maxxis 26×10-12
- Front brakes: Dual hydraulic discs with 2-piston calipers
- Rear brake: Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
- Overall length: 115.7 in.
- Overall width: 58.3 in.
- Overall height: 75.4 in.
- Wheelbase: 75.8 in.
- Ground clearance: 11.2 in.
- Lighting: (2) 40W headlights, (2) TK W taillight, TKW stoplight
- Cargo bed capacity: 500 lbs, 44.1 W x 32.7 L x 12 in. H
- Towing capacity: 1300 lbs
- Dry weight: TBD
- Fuel capacity: 8.0 gal.
- Instruments: R/N/P/4WD indicators, water temp and oil pressure lamps, digital meter (LE only)
- Standard Colors: Sunbeam Red, Woodsman Green, REALTREE Hardwoods Green HD
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
9950 Jeronimo Road
Irvine, CA 92618